Guitar Paint and Finishes
Choose a paint swatch to see an image of a guitar body in that finish color. Browse through the dropdown categories for ideas to customize your guitar body order.
Computer monitors vary, and the colors shown above are an approximation. Transparent, burst, and dye finishes will also vary based on the color of the wood they are sprayed over. Click Here to Explore/Download the Warmoth 2018 Finishes Catalog.
Gloss & Satin Finish Options
Every finish color Warmoth offers is available as Gloss or Satin. Both are equally beautiful, thin, and durable.
When a body's top color and back color are different, the point where they meet can be handled two ways:
Masked Accent Line
A Masked Accent Line is decorative effect around the perimeter of a body, created by masking off this area during the finishing process. Once the color is sprayed, the mask is removed, leaving a clear line. A LamTop is required for this option.
Competition & Racing Stripes
Racing Stripes run down the center of the body parallel to the strings, and go all the way around the body.
Competition Stripes run diagonally across the forearm contour, on top of the body only.
The Finishing Process
Warmoth's finishes are both beautiful and durable. Our process begins with a polyester base coat to fill the grain. Once it dries, a urethane color coat is applied. The top coats come next, followed by final sanding and buffing. Dyes on figured Maple Lam Tops are applied to the raw wood prior to the base coat.
Warmoth's finishes seldom exceed twelve thousandths on an inch in thickness. Our thin poly finishes offer extreme durability, with no noticeable effect on tone.
- Exotic Woods require an additional isolator coat. Exotic woods include Bocote, Bubinga, Canary, Cocobolo, Camphor, Goncalo Alves, Padouk, Pau Ferro, Rosewoods, Bloodwood/Satine, Purpleheart, and Ziricote.
- Matching paint on bodies and necks should be ordered at the same time. Items ordered and painted separately will not have an ideal color match.
- Custom finishing requests for things like hot-rod flames, pinstriping, logos, or other designs.
- Color matching requests to customer-supplied pictures, parts, or color numbers.
- Third-party parts for finishing or refinishing. We will only paint the parts we build here.
Due to time constraints, Warmoth does not accept the following: